- This event has passed.
Webinar: Embracing the Digital World to Address Shareholder Activity
February 6 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
The marketplace for Boards of Directors is at a tipping point. Boards of Directors function in a digital world and most boards have not embraced the changes required to face the threats from that digital world nor leverage that world to positively impact the organizations they direct. How do boards contend with shareholder/stakeholder activity in a social media driven culture? Taking advantage of digital technology is the key to boards of directors facing these challenges.
Please join our guest speakers Andrew MacDougall, Joe Ellis, Paul Gryglewicz, Peter Landers, and David Boim as they address the world of social media and stakeholder activism by embracing digital technology and discuss the steps boards must follow to ensure that they contend with shareholder/stakeholder activity in a social media driven culture.
This webinar will highlight:
- Social media and its role of increasing shareholder activism
- Rule 30e – Using digital technology to deliver shareholder reports
- The role of a shareholder communications engine and its benefits
- The challenges Boards of Directors face when they organize and keep track of contact information for all their current shareholders as well as prospective shareholders and industry contacts.
- How Boards of Directors and executive teams can efficiently build and maintain relationships with the organizational shareholders.
- How Boards of Directors should confront shareholder activism and gain the ability to control a flow of information to ‘educate’ shareholders, investors, and members – in mass, specific groups and/or individuals.