- This event has passed.
Compensation Strategies and Actions in the Calgary Market during COVID-19
April 30 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
To say that these are ‘uncharted waters’ is to severely underestimate the impact of our current situation in the Calgary marketplace. And while we are experiencing some of the most challenging corporate conditions right now, that doesn’t mean that we can’t draw upon the learning from previous, major ‘Black-Swan’ crises. What we have learned from global financial meltdowns, massive oil price crashes, the flood of 2013, etc., is that sound corporate governance, balanced decision-making and key retention are high on the ‘strategies that worked’ list when navigating black-swan events. And COVID-19 has now become the ‘high-water mark’ for these events.
Join Panelists, Arden Dalik, Paul Gryglewicz and Neil Weerasekera in a Calgary-based organization exclusive interactive webinar addressing Calgary market insights and actions, strategies being considered by you and your peers, along with tips to deal with ‘Black-Swan’ crises and much more.
This webinar, co-sponsored by GGA and CTRN, will be interactive, with the presenting, posting and discussing polling questions and taking your questions live. Arden, Paul and Neil will provide tried and tested strategies, provide commendatory on emerging considerations for compensation AND instantly share your collective insights and strategies with your Calgary-based peers around key areas such as:
• Implementation or freezing of planned 2020 comp program
• Payment of planned 2019 bonuses and 2020 grants
• The need for salary adjustments, salary freezes and/or rollbacks;
• Talent retention of key executives;
• The need to review and potentially modify 2020 KPI Metrics;
• Board oversight of compensation decisions
• Determining appropriate Equity grants;
• Board stewardship;
• Governance implications and expectations, and
• TSX issuer AGM strategy and timing
A complimentary on-demand version of this webinar will be sent to anyone who registers but cannot attend.